Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow day

One of the things I love most about Texas is the way we Texans react to cold weather. All the non-native Texans and out-of-staters scoff as we effectively shut down. Kids who have never seen snow go "sledding" down any hill they can find, which is subsequently broadcasted by all local news stations. Snow men pop up everywhere, which makes me wonder... do people who live "up north," as I like to call it, build snow men? Or is snow such a novelty to us that we build snow men on the one day every couple years we actually get snow?

Mia, despite her Mexican heritage (half Chihuahua), loved the snow! Here is a video of her playing in it:


I'm not going to lie, as we took Mia out for her first excursion in the snow, I felt like a parent with our first child. The sound in the video is particularly shameful. Slightly embarrassing but also amusing. Confession: she knows us by name as Mom and Dad. If I say, "Where's Dad? Go get him!" she will actually go find Stephen, and vice versa. Again, embarrassing yet amusing.

1 comment: