Updates on our life:
My 22nd Birthday (April 7th) was amazing. It started with my sweet husband making me breakfast, complete with beautiful pink roses. (Let me just take this time to say that Stephen is the best at Birthdays, and gift-giving in general. I have to plan his birthday/anniversary/Christmas presents months in advance in order to keep up with how good my birthdays are. If that makes sense...)
My lovely third graders also made my day so sweet, complete with a Justin Bieber poster and these adorable flowers. One sweet child, Maria, who gave me the poster, felt the need to share her secret. Apparently she has dreams about Justin Bieber, complete with kissing. Eight-year-olds these days!

My lovely friends also made the day wonderful, complete with delicious Italian food, a surprise visit from Sarah, and Kinect playing at home.

Easter was wonderful with lots of family time in Austin as well as a little Peep-jousting in the microwave. Don't ask, just try it.

In the final days of my Internship, I got to take a Flat Stanley around town for my kiddos. It was fun and sentimental since I did Flat Stanley as a third grader. Mia and Stanley also had some great bonding time.
We also had a bit of crazy weather here in Waco with tornados around campus. The tornado sirens led to everyone in our apartment peering out of their doors to look outside at the rain and winds. I wanted to keep watching since I kind of have a thing for severe weather, but Stephen made us go sit in the bathroom. This happy picture was taken to commemorate the occasion.
Other than my wonderful birthday, Easter festivities, and tornados, I have since finished my internship. Hooray! I will graduate this Saturday, which is so surreal. Still no word on the job front. Prayerfully submitting this to God and trusting in his provision. On that note, I have been recently convicted of feelings of entitlement. It's crazy how we subconsciously develop feelings of entitlement regardless of God's will. I am seeking to give these things over to Him, trusting that He made me with my desires and goals and has the best in mind for me. Whew! How's that for an update?

No comments:
Post a Comment