Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rollercoaster: High

So, I was going to make this a more detailed post but....

I GOT A JOB I GOT A JOB I GOT A JOB!!!

Okay, that being said, I will give details.  After a rollercoaster week of interviews, including an aide position that paid less than minimum wage, I was offered several (Yes, several--insane, I know) positions.  I accepted a first grade teaching job at an amazing school in Katy ISD.  I am really beyond ecstatic. This weekend has been a blur since I actually got the unofficial offers on Friday.  However, I got the call from HR tonight confirming and officially offering the job(s), followed by (obviously) my acceptance of the 1st grade position. Hurray!!

I will interrupt my celebratory rant to say that I am blown away by the love, support, and prayers of my friends and family and by the faithfulness of Jesus.  He is faithful even when we are tempted to give up.  I am proof of that.  I'm more than thankful for the people who believed for me when I couldn't and when I wanted to give up. They are a testimony of God's goodness and love. Also, I have been praying all summer that I would have security about my job before Stephen started school.  Tomorrow is his first day of class, and I got the call at 8:30 tonight. Faithfulness.

2 Timothy 2:11-13 has stuck with me these past 6-7 months, and God continues to prove it's truth:
Here is a trustworthy saying: 
If we died with Him,
we will also live with him;
If we endure,
we will also reign with Him.
If we disown Him,
He will also disown us.
If we are faithless,
He will remain faithful,
for he cannot disown Himself.
I know that it is God's provision and faithfulness that continues to carry us, and will always carry us.  He is ever-patient with me, far beyond what I could ever deserve, and he blesses me beyond what I could ever imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Boo about the car but a big congrats on the job!! So exciting, and I know those kiddos will love you!

    ReplyDelete