Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today's Musings...

Warning:  This post will be stream-of-consciousness.

Earlier this week, when I got home from school, Stephen told me I smelled like an Elementary school.  Something tells me this is not a turn-on.  Today I had some unidentifiable bodily fluid of a first grader smeared on my black pants.  Lovely.  No wonder I have a cold that just won't go away.  (Out of paranoia, I even gave up my usual Diet Coke today.)

I am currently completing my mandatory training for work.  In a few minutes, I have to take a comprehensive test over the past five hours of powerpoint/video.  Hope I pass... (Yes, this blog is partially serving as procrastination. Don't judge me.)

I'm also a little jealous of the fact that while I had canned tuna tonight, Stephen got treated to a fancy dinner at Reef by a doctor he "interns" for during his first year of medical school. I mean, let's compare:  Tuna Lite from a can vs. Swordfish at a restaurant that ranked #1 in Bon Appetite Magazine for best seafood in the country. Hmmm... I think he owes me for this one.

I am very, very excited that one of my close friends and former roomies, Madsy, will be moving to Houston! In fact, she will be working in Katy! Congratulations to her! Isn't it just crazy where life takes you? We will get to be a part of each others' lives in three very different stages:  High School (Go Chaps!), College (Sic Em Bears!), and Real World (No cool cheer for this one, sadly. At least we get paid?) Crazy, crazy.  I guess the next stage is Kids? Very interesting... I do have a bit of baby fever, but it has been momentarily quenched by teaching.  I think it's the long hours, exhausting children, and the fact that I just don't think I could do this and be a mom simultaneously that helps me ward off baby fever for the time being.

Bachelor Pad 2 just really makes me feel ashamed of myself, but I cannot help watching it.  I know people say this a lot, but it really is like a car crash that you just can't look away from.  Can they please vote off Casey and Vienna already?!

Those are my thoughts for the night.

2 comments: