Yes, we all know that there are Twi-hards of all ages, including the ever-publicized Twi-moms, but the Twilight series isn't the only redeemable and/or popular young adult series these days. My recent favorite? Hunger Games. If you've heard of them or not, read them! Just succeeded in getting Stephen to read them, and while he moaned about the tween-romance factor, he did admit that the story was both original and suspenseful. AND, they announced the movie release date for March 13, 2012, which I anticipate will result in an increased fan base, similar to the Twilight phenomenon. People are already calling Hunger Games "the next Twilight," but it has a very different vibe. While science-fiction-y to be sure, you won't find Hunger Games in the new "Paranormal Romance" section at Barnes and Nobel (at least, if it was put there, it was by mistake).
Next on my YA reading list? Maze Runner by James Dashner and I am Number 4, by Pittacus Lore (a pen name of the two co-authors). Of course, you may have heard of I am Number 4 due to the movie adaptation coming out next month. As most of my friends know, I am an avid reader of books-made-into-movies, so needless to say, I'm looking forward to this one. Again, I must thank Laura S. for these recommendations.
I'll leave you with these closing remarks...
TEAM EDWARD! ...
TEAM PEETA!
Yay for YA! :) -Laura S.
ReplyDelete